We gather useful software and tips to save your time and money for your business.
If you are using Microsoft Teams for online collaboration, you may encounter a problem where your arrow keys stop working in the app. This can be frustrating and affect your productivity. This article will guide you on how to fix arrow keys not working in Teams with 10 easy methods.
Sometimes, the simplest solutions can solve the most common problems. If you are facing this issue of Microsoft Teams arrow keys not working, you can try these five basic methods first.
This is the first solution you should try when you encounter any problem with Teams. To restart MS Teams, right-click on its icon in the system tray and select Quit. Then, you should launch once again or try launching from the Start menu or via a shortcut created on the desktop.
If restarting MS Teams does not work, you can try restarting your computer. This can clear any temporary glitches or conflicts that may cause your arrow keys to malfunction in Teams.
At times, MS Teams app doesn’t completely quit as you try closing it through the system. This can cause some issues with its performance and functionality. To quit MS Teams from Task Manager, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Task Manager. Then, find Microsoft Teams in the Processes tab and click on End Task.
Updating MS Teams can fix any bugs or errors that may cause your arrow keys to stop working in the app. To update MS Teams, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner and select Check for updates. If there is a newer version available, it will download and install automatically.
If these above-listed methods don’t work, you can always try to reinstall MS Teams app. This will automatically remove any corrupted or missing files from the teams directory. To reinstall MS Teams, go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program and find Microsoft Teams in the list. Click on Uninstall and follow the instructions. Then, download and install MS Teams from its official website.
If the common methods do not work for you, you can try these five professional methods to fix the left and right arrow keys not working in teams. These methods may require some technical skills and knowledge, so proceed with caution.
Clearing Microsoft Teams cache can resolve many issues with the app, including your arrow keys not working in Teams. The cache is a temporary storage of data that helps the app run faster and smoother. However, sometimes the cache can get corrupted or outdated and cause problems with the app. To clear Microsoft Teams cache, follow these steps:
– Close MS Teams completely from the system tray and Task Manager.
– Press Windows Key and R to open the Run Command dialog box and type %appdata%\Microsoft\teams and click OK.
– This will open the teams folder in File Explorer. Here, delete all the files and folders.
– Restart your computer and launch MS Teams again.
GPU acceleration is a feature that allows MS Teams to use your graphics card to improve its performance and quality. However, sometimes this feature can cause some issues with your keyboard inputs, such as your arrow keys not working in Teams. To disable GPU acceleration in Teams settings, follow these steps:
– Open MS Teams and click on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
– Select Settings from the menu and go to the General tab.
– In the Application option, uncheck or untick the box placed right next to Disable GPU hardware acceleration.
– After that, simply click on the restart now option to implement or incorporate the changes.
Repairing MS Teams will scan and fix any corrupted or missing files that may affect the app’s functionality. To repair MS Teams, follow these steps:
– Go to Control Panel > Select the Programs > Choose Uninstall a program Option and find Microsoft Teams in the list.
– Right-click on Microsoft Teams and select Change.
– In the pop-up window, select Repair and click Next.
– Follow the next steps to implement the repairing process.
Here is another way to repair:
-Go to Windows Icon and Open Settings.
-Go to Apps.
-Choose Apps & Features.
-Scroll to MS Teams and Click on three dots.
-Open Advanced Options.
-Choose Repair option and proceed with steps.
Sometimes, your mouse may interact or create an impact with your keyboard inputs and eventually cause your arrow keys to stop working in Teams. This can happen if your mouse has a faulty driver or a broken button that sends unwanted signals to your computer. To check if your mouse is causing the problem, try using another mouse or disconnecting your mouse from your computer and see if your arrow keys work in Teams.
One possible solution to this commonly occurring problem is to use the web version of Teams on the website instead of the desktop app. The web version is compatible with most browsers and does not have the same arrow key issue as the desktop app. Here are the steps to use the web version of Teams:
1. Open your browser and go to https://teams.microsoft.com/.
2. Sign in with your Microsoft account credentials.
3. You should see the same interface as the desktop app, but with some minor differences.
4. Try using your arrow keys to navigate through Teams and see if they work.
If this solution works for you, you can bookmark the web version of Teams and use it as your default option. Please note that using the web version can be a slightly inconvenient and using the solution may not be practical and feasible in the long term. Therefore its not always a go-to solution.
We hope this article helped you resolve the issue of arrow keys not working in Teams. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below.