We gather useful software and tips to save your time and money for your business.
WhatsApp groups are popular for professional and personal discussions. However, when you get added to a random WhatsApp group or receive insane group chat notifications, it can be seriously disturbing. Even leaving the group displays a system-generated message in the group, which can create a fuss.
Most users willing to exit the groups fear other members knowing about it. Fortunately, you can now leave WhatsApp group without notification with the latest update. This article can guide you on how to leave WhatsApp group silently.
Yes, you can silently leave WhatsApp group without notifying all members. The latest Meta update has made it possible to exit without displaying a note saying “X left the group”. Only the admins of the group are notified when a user leaves.
When you left a group in the past, WhatsApp used to show a system message to all members that you have left the group. This was embarrassing at times. You may start receiving messages from friends or colleagues inquiring about the reason further leading to unwanted clarifications. To add to your frustration, you may get re-added to the group and stuck in the never-ending loop of unwanted conversations and notifications.
Luckily, this issue has been resolved now. You can now exit the group privately without announcing it to all members. No message is displayed in the group and the conversations go in the flow. It lets you leave the group secretly with just the admins knowing about it.
Now that you are wondering how to leave the WhatsApp group silently, we will explain it to you thoroughly in this section. The new Meta update has made leaving WhatsApp group without notification easier for users. It is a step towards enhanced user privacy on WhatsApp.
You can access this feature on both iOS and Android to leave the frustrating conversations and stop the constantly pinging notifications.
To exit a WhatsApp group without notification on your iPhone, you can use the following method:
1. Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Go to the Chats section.
3. Open the group chat you want to exit.
4. Tap on the group chat name at the top of the app.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the options. Tap on the second-last option, “Exit Group”.
6. Confirm your action to the message saying “Only group admins will be notified that you left the group” by clicking on the Exit Group button in the pop window that appears.
In this way, you will exit the group on your iPhone without notification.
Alternatively, you can try another technique to leave the WhatsApp group on your iPhone. You can leave the group from the main page without opening the chat and viewing the messages.
Follow the given steps:
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Go to the Chats section.
3. Navigate to the group chat you want to exit.
4. Swipe left to access options.
5. Click on the More button with three dots.
6. Click on the Exit Group option from the pop-up menu that appears on your screen.
7. You will receive a message stating that only admins will be notified that you left the group. Confirm by clicking on Exit Group to leave the group without alerting the participants.
Android users can use similar steps to leave the group quietly. To leave the WhatsApp group without notification on Android, you can follow these steps:
1. Launch WhatsApp on your Android phone.
2. Go to the Chats section.
3. Open the group chat you wish to leave.
4. Tap on the group name.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to locate options. Tap on the Exit group option.
6. Click on Exit to confirm your decision to leave the group where only the admins will be notified of the action.
If you don’t want to view the messages in the group and leave without the seen status, you can use the main page for the action. This method helps you exit the WhatsApp group quickly.
Follow the steps given below:
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone.
2. Navigate to the Chats tab.
3. Find the group you wish to leave. Then, long press and hold the chat until a tick appears on the top.
4. Click on the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu. Tap on Exit Group.
5. In the window that appears, click on Exit to confirm leaving the group and alert only the admins about it.
To ignore a group on WhatsApp without leaving, you can either mute it or archive it. By muting the group, you don’t receive notifications of the group messages until you open it.
You can mute the group on WhatsApp using the following method:
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Navigate to the group chat you want to mute.
3. Tap on the name to open the group.
4. Click on the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu.
5. Click on Mute.
6. Pick a duration from 8 hours, 1 week, or Always.
To archive a WhatsApp group, follow the method given below:
1. Launch WhatsApp.
2. Locate the group chat you want to archive.
3. Press and hold the chat until the options appear on the screen.
4. Tap on the Archive icon appearing at the top. Alternatively, click on the three dots at the right corner and then tap on Archive.
There is no way to leave the WhatsApp group without the admin knowing. With the latest update, you can leave the group without letting all the participants know. However, the admins are notified when you leave.
No, your messages don’t get deleted when you exit the WhatsApp group. You can no longer send or receive messages in the group after you leave the group. Furthermore, you won’t get any notifications or updates from the group in the future.
You can be removed from the WhatsApp group automatically if your WhatsApp account remains inactive for 120 days. Alternatively, the group admin might have removed you from the group.
If you are annoyed by group chats and want to exit from a WhatsApp group without letting the members know, the latest update has enabled this feature for users. So, simply follow the steps discussed in this guide to learn how to leave WhatsApp group without notification on iPhone or Android.
Furthermore, if you also intend to suit your new phone soon, but still want to keep the group chats from old phone, then try Dr.Fone WhatsApp – the best tool to seamlessly transfer WhatsApp between Android/iPhone devices and also backup/restore chats.