MS Teams is considered as one of the best applications for collaboration and meetings. The app is used by millions of users worldwide, but it also has some issues, such as Teams camera not working. Some users complained that their camera is not working in Teams but works in other applications. If you are facing the same issue, continue reading as here we will explain how to fix this bug.
6 Quick Tips to Fix Cameras Not Working on Teams
If your camera is not working in Teams but works in other applications, then it means either it is a software problem or something is wrong with your camera. But don’t worry; here are some quick fixes that you can try to fix this problem.
- Disconnect and Reconnect the Camera: You can disconnect and reconnect the camera again if it is not working properly.
- End All Apps That May Use Camera: Sometimes your camera won’t connect to a specific application, such as Teams because too many apps are using your Camera at the same time. So, we suggest ending all the apps to fix this issue.
- Restart Computer: Click the ctrl+alt+delete options and restart your PC to fix the camera problem.
- Remove All External Devices: If your camera is not working properly in Teams, the best thing you can do is remove all the external devices which are creating the issue.
- Update Teams: The other solution could be updating your Teams application. You can do it easily from the Teams application.
- Reinstall Teams: We suggest reinstalling the Teams application and for that, go to the Control panel and first delete the present app and then reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.
7 Ways to Fix Microsoft Teams Camera Not Working
After trying the above solutions, if your camera still is not working in Teams, then it’s time to try some different techniques. Below we have mentioned 7 different ways that you can use to resolve the camera not working in MS Teams. Let’s try these ways one by one.
1. Allow Teams to Access the Camera
If the camera is working with other apps, but not with Teams, it means the issue is with your Teams setting. So, the first thing you can do is allow Teams to access the camera. If you don’t know how to do it, then, check out the steps below.
- Go to the desktop, look for your Teams app, and launch it.
- Complete your sign-in process and click the profile icon.
- Go to Settings and look for the “App Permissions” option.
- Now, turn on the option of Media(Camera, microphone, speaker).
- That’s it! Now, check your camera and hopefully, it will start working.
2. Allow the App to Access Your Camera
If the above method didn’t work for you and the camera is still not working in Teams, the issue is with your computer Settings. Sometimes third-party apps can change your settings and that is why it is important to check the settings again. Here is how you can allow the app to access your Camera.
- In the Windows search, type Settings and click it.
- Next, look for the Privacy option.
- Under the App permission section, you will see the “Camera” option.
- Once you are on the camera page, you have to check two options; Allow access to the camera on this device and the second is Allow apps to access your Camera. Make sure both options are turned on.
- Once done, launch your Teams app and check if the camera is working or not.
3. Choose the Correct Camera on Teams
Microsoft automatically detects the camera for the Teams application, but sometimes choosing the wrong camera can create this issue for you. So, if the camera is not working in Teams, it means you didn’t select the right camera. To manually choose the camera for your Teams, you can follow the steps below.
- Launch your Teams app and fill in the login details.
- Once in the Teams app, click the three dots and open your Settings.
- Under the Settings section, choose the “Devices” option.
- Now, under the Camera option, click the drop menu and choose the right camera for your Teams app.
- To cross-check the process, click the “Preview” option and that’s it.
4. Turn off the Webcam Protection on Antivirus Software
Sometimes antivirus software stops you from using the camera in Teams and for that, it is ideal to turn off the webcam as soon as possible. Most people use Kaspersky, so we will be showing how you can turn off the webcam protection on Kaspersky.
- Launch your Kaspersky software and click on the “Privacy Protection” option.
- If the webcam protection option is turned on, click it and turn off the option as shown in the image below.
- After that, open your Teams app and see if the camera is working or not.
5. Update Driver
If your driver is outdated, then it could be the main reason why your camera is not working. So, we suggest updating the driver so your camera can work properly. Here is how you can update your Driver via Device Manager.
- Go to the Start menu and type Device Manager.
- On the screen, you will see different options, but for the camera, you have to choose the “Imaging Device” option.
- Right-click on the available Driver and click the “Update Driver” option. Windows will automatically start updating your Driver.
6. Reinstall the Driver
If your camera is not working in Teams after updating it, then the issue is with your current driver. So, to fix it, you can reinstall the driver by going to the vendor’s website. Let’s discuss how you can do it.
- On your Windows, open the Device Manager application.
- Now, go to the Imaging Devices option and right-click on the Camera driver available.
- Next, click the “Uninstall Device” option.
- Now, to reinstall the driver, go to your vendor website and download the setup.
7. Update System
If the above methods didn’t work for you, it means the issue is not with the app or the drivers. So what could be the reason why your camera is not working in Teams? Well, it is because you didn’t update your operating system. So, here is how you can update Windows to fix this bug.
- In the search, type Updates and click the “Check for Updates” option.
- If there are any updates available, it will be shown on your screen and Windows will automatically start updating.
8. Using Another One Video Conference or Chat Tool
After trying all the above methods, your camera is still not working in MS Teams, it means the issue is with your tool. For confirmation, we suggest trying a different video conference or chat tool. You can check it in Skype or Zoom and if the camera is working in other apps, it means there is no issue in your camera so the last thing you can do is contact Teams and report the issue.
If Teams camera not working, don’t worry because you can try all the ways mentioned above. Hopefully, after trying these methods you can resolve the camera not working in Teams.
You May Also Like
How to Find Hidden Chats in Teams? A Step by Step Guide
5 Methods to Fix Microsoft Teams CAA50021
[Solved!] How to Fix Teams Status Stuck on Away?