Are you getting the Teams error code 80090016 on your screen? Is this error stopping you from joining Teams? Well, you are not alone. Most users get this error when they try to login to their MS Teams. However, if this issue is bothering you as well, we got you covered. In this article, we have discussed different ways to fix it.
7 Ways to Fix Teams Error 80090016
If you are getting Microsoft Teams error code 80090016 on your screen, then there can be many reasons for it, such as cache problems, app issues, or the version you are using that is not compatible with your device. The great news is that you can quickly fix this error by following a few simple techniques. Below we have discussed all the ways to fix MS Teams error code 80090016.
Way 1. Delete Microsoft Teams from the Credential Manager
Microsoft Teams error code 80090016 mostly shows on your desktop version. So, the first way to fix this issue is to delete MS Teams from the Credential Manager. Most people don’t know how it is done, but after reading this blog, you will learn how to delete MS Teams from the Credential Manager.
- Go to your Windows search bar, type Control Panel, and click the app.
- Once the app is launched, go to the View By section and choose the “Category” option. After that, click the User Accounts option.
- Next, click the Credential Manager option.
- You will be moved to a new screen, so choose the Windows Credential option from there.
- Scroll down and expand all the MS Teams credentials you see on the screen, and click the “Remove” button.
- Once done, return to your MS Teams app and try to log in again.
Way 2. Delete MS Teams Cache Folder
If you still get the same error on the screen after removing the MS Teams credentials, it means cache files are throwing errors, and it’s time to delete that folder. Below is the guide which will help you remove the MS Teams cache folder.
- First, close your MS Teams app and open RUN by pressing Windows and R keys.
- Once the box is opened, paste %appdata%\Microsoft\teams and press OK.
- A new folder will open from there; you must delete the following folders.
- application cache\cache
- Local Storage
- After you are done, again open your Teams app and try to log in again.
Way 3. Uninstalled the “Trusted Platform Module” in Device Manager
Many users reported that after uninstalling the Trusted Platform Module, they were able to fix the Microsoft Teams error code 80090016. So, we are going to try the same method so we can resolve this issue quickly. Below are the steps which you can attempt to uninstall this module.
- In the Windows search box, type Device Manager and open the app.
- Once you are on the Device Manager, scroll down and look for the Security Devices option. Click it to get the Trusted Platform option.
- Now, right-click on it and choose the “Uninstall Device” option.
- Confirm the process by clicking the Uninstall option.
- Once done, restart your device and try logging into MS Teams again.
Way 4. Remove Accounts Signed in Access Work or School on Windows
Most users connect their work and school accounts with their Windows, which could stop them from logging into the application. So, to resolve the issue, you have to remove accounts from the access work or school option. Here is how you can do it.
- Type Settings in the Windows search bar and open the application.
- Once you are on the Settings dashboard, click the “Accounts” option.
- Next, choose the Access Work or School option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Disconnect option and remove the account.
Hopefully, this will fix your issue. If not, check out the other ways mentioned below.
Way 5. Set the Teams to “Windows 8 compatibility”
Setting your Teams to Windows 8 compatibility will manage to remove Teams Error Code 80090016 from your screen. In fact, many users mentioned that after trying this method, they were successfully able to resolve the issue. To apply this method, follow the steps below.
- From your Desktop, look for the Microsoft Teams app and right-click on it.
- Next, choose the Properties option and go to the Compatibility section.
- Enable the Run this program in compatibility mode for option and choose the Windows 8 option from the drop-down menu.
- Once you are done, first click Apply and choose the “OK” button.
- After that, launch your Teams application and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Way 6. Login With Another Account Then Try to log in to The Original Account
Sometimes the issue is not with the app but can be with your MS account that you are trying to log in with. So, to fix Teams error code 80090016, we recommend checking another account and see if the error is still appearing or not.
- Open your MS Teams app and enter your login credentials of another account.
- Once done, click the “Sign In” button.
- If you have successfully logged into the account without seeing the error. Then, you can try to log in with the original account again to see if the problem still exists.
Way 7. Reinstall MS Teams
After trying all the above methods, the error is still there; it means the problem is with your application. So, we recommend reinstalling the Microsoft Teams application. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Before reinstalling the app, you first have to delete the current Teams app.
- For that, open your Settings app and look for the Apps option.
- Now, search for the MS Teams app and uninstall it.
- Once it is removed, go to the official website of Microsoft and download the latest version. You can also reinstall the app from Microsoft Store.
Teams error code 80090016 can be annoying as it stops you from using the application. However, by following the above methods, you can quickly fix this issue and log in to the account without any hassle. In case the above methods don’t work for you, we suggest trying the solutions on a different device.
You May Also Like
How to Fix Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA70004?
8 Proven Ways to Fix Teams White Screen After Logging Into A Work Account
How to Fix Arrow Keys Not Working in Teams? SOLVED！