There is several project management and task management software for users. Among them, the two important applications are Notion and Asana. Are you wondering about the comparison between Notion vs Asana? We got you! In this blog, we will discuss in detail the two main applications: an overview of Notion and Asana, their main key features, and pricing plans. Moreover, are you interested to know the most loved and disliked features by the users? We will discuss them in a few minutes as well!
Without further ado, let’s get started!
What is Notion?
The Notion is an effective application to manage daily tasks for personal and business purposes. It has multiple features combined as a whole. It is more of one workplace for every team to collaborate effectively. Notion supports to-do lists, task prioritization, and quick task dependencies across the projects. It offers numerous templates to help you create your desired tasks, projects, or note-taking with ease.
The following are the key features of the Notion application:
- Ability to connect with teams to work collaboratively: Notion supports document sharing and tasks assignment which can help your team work together.
- Ability to seamlessly manage projects: To manage projects, it supports adding to-do lists, notes, documents, and projects.
- Easily build the workflow: It supports adding workflows based on dashboards, websites, and documents.
- Connects with integration: It has multiple integrations for multiple purposes to work under one platform.
After that, let’s check out the most loved and disliked features of Notion to fulfill the comparison of Asana VS Notion.
What Do Users Like Most About Notion?
There are many features loved by the users of the Notion application. The following are the key features loved by the users:
- Notion supports converting the Notion pages effortlessly to websites. This feature saves a lot of time for users.
- There are several integration applications. Notion supports accomplishing tasks conveniently.
- The ability to attach hyperlinks or links easily.
- The sharing feature of Notion is exceptional as it supports sharing documents across a wide set of applications.
- You can customize the document as you want.
What Do Users Do Not Like About Notion?
There are a few features disliked by the users of the Notion application. The following are the key features disliked by the users:
- It is difficult to view the document among different types of views across the application
- Lack of project management features to accomplish complex tasks and users are also unimpressed by the absence of these features to help the user on a particular task.
- The calendar feature has fewer options to diversify the function, which reduces the ability to organize better and personalize it to the user’s needs, in a way that helps them to perform their tasks easily.
- Fewer options in the search feature in Notion, and it needs to have several customizable options in the application that let the user manage it with ease and operate quickly on it.
- The column placement feature has fewer options to support various activities.
Are you waiting to know the pricing plans of Notion? Go ahead!
What is the Price for Notion?
The Notion has four main pricing plans listed as follows:
- A personal plan is free.
- Personal Pro plan for $4 per month
- Team plan for $8 per member per month.
- Enterprise plan: You need to contact with the sales team to get the price.
When to Use Notion?
The Notion comes in handy for organizing the workloads of individuals and projects. If you want to effectively collaborate with a team, Notion also can work. It would create one roadmap for all the teams as well as track their records. The Notion makes it simple to review the results of all teams as well as consolidate their work. Notion enables real-time collaboration and team management for the betterment of the project at hand.
Next, let’s discuss in depth another important project management software among Asana vs. Notion.
What is Asana?
Asana is one of the best Project management and works management applications. It helps seamlessly manage projects strategically with quick and easy options. It is a quality piece of software, handy for users for personal and business purposes. Asana is often used by Project managers as it provides easy-to-use and very flexible tools. Asana has been upgraded numerous times to keep up with changing business needs.
The following are the key features of the Asana application:
- Possess an effective workflow builder: This feature is handy to automate the processes and support the teams to manage projects effectively.
- Possess Gantt charts: Gantt chart is the most loved feature of users to build and use a Gantt chart easily to decide where you start and decide at which point you need to reach.
- Has Kanban boards: The Kanban board is a unique feature offered by Asana to manage projects and workflows and other templates as well. These tools are suitable to make quick and effective action plans for projects
- Has reporting options: Asana has reporting feature to streamline and track the works of an individual as well as teammates to check out the progress.
- Ability to use forms: It supports creating forms instantly, submitting the forms, and managing the forms requests all in one place. Considering these features, forms, and surveys, Asana stands apart from other tools.
Then after, check out the most loved and disliked features of Asana.
What Do Users Like Most About Asana?
Many users like to use Asana and below are several reasons why they like it:
- Ability to track project progress. When projects and tasks are listed under the respective tools, it makes it easier to track the project progress of the teammates.
- User-friendly interface. The interface of Asana is easy to learn in grasp and handle project activities. Asana will be the simplest project management software that is both intuitive and easy to use.
- Assists in numerous project integration. Asana comes in handy to integrate various applications into it and use them effectively.
- Handy sharing options as it supports sharing the documents seamlessly across multiple platforms through less complex supports.
- Multiple project view options to view projects in multiple ways and track the teammate’s task progress efficiently.
What Users Do Not Like About Asana:
Although Asana has many great features, it has some problems when using it. And below are several reasons why users do not like it:
- It does not have a resource management feature to effectively manage the project resources of the business.
- The copy and paste functions in Asana don’t work well for certain users while performing tasks
- The ability to view multiple notifications is missing in Asana. It supports displaying only a prescribed set of notifications.
- The comment feature is missing functionality. The capability to comment under tasks is important but Asana lacks it.
- To use the application requires an internet connection. So, users face difficulties using the application in the absence of internet connectivity.
Are you interested in knowing the pricing plans of Asana? Check out!
What is the Price for Asana?
Asana has four main pricing plans listed as follows:
- A free Basic plan.
- An Asana Premium plan for $10.99 per user/month.
- An Asana Business plan for $24.99 per user/month.
- An Asana Enterprise plan: Contact sales to get the price.
When to Use Asana?
Asana supports users from personal activities to enterprise activities as well. It is a less hassle application with splendid features embedded in it. If you want to automate the project process through a workflow builder, Asana will be the best choice. It is available as both a desktop application and a mobile application. After all, it is an all-in-one application that is handy for the basic to complex needs of users.
Notion VS Asana: Which One is Better for You?
We discussed the in-depth details of the Notion vs Asana review. We learned the key features of Notion vs Asana, the comparison among the prices, and positive and negative customer reviews on Notion vs. Asana. You can make your decision based on this information.
And our answer to this question is that if you need the tool for personal use and to manage personal tasks, we recommend you to use Notion, but if you want it for business to manage projects and collaborate with your team, Asana will be a better option.
These two tools have free versions, we suggest you try them before making a decision.
Thanks for reading!
You May Also Like:
Notion VS Evernote: The Guide to Pick the Best
ClickUp VS Notion: What Are Their Differences and Similarities?
Asana vs Monday: What is My Thought After Using Them?
6 Best Free And Paid Asana Competitors You Can Choose